Senior-Dent is a Maine Dental Association program that offers reduced fees for dental care to qualifying low-income elderly.
Maine citizens who are age 62 or older, have no dental benefits under a private insurance plan or the Medicaid program, and whose annual income qualifies them for Maine’s Low-Cost Drug Program, are eligible to enroll in Senior-Dent.
Eligible persons will receive at least a minimum of 15% from the usual and customary fees of the participating dentist on all dental services.
To apply, the patient should contact the Area Agency on Aging in his or her locality to determine eligibility and check on participating dentists in a particular geographic location:
- Aroostook Area Agency on Aging (Aroostook County) 1-800-439-1789
- Senior Spectrum (Kennebec, Somerset, Knox, Lincoln, Waldo and Sagadahoc Counties) 1-800-639-1553
- Eastern Area Agency on Aging (Penobscot, Piscataquis, Washington and Hancock Counties) 1-800-432-7812
- Southern Maine Area Agency on Aging (Cumberland and York Counties) 1-800-427-7411
- Western Area Agency on Aging (Androscoggin, Franklin and Oxford Counties) 1-800-427-1241. Since 1999, Maine Dental Association members have participated in the Donated Dental Services (“DDS”) program, a project developed in cooperation with the Dental LIfeline Network (formerly National Foundation of Dentistry for the Handicapped). The program enlists volunteer dentists to provide comprehensive dental care at no charge to needy disabled, elderly and mentally compromised individuals. For more information on eligibility criteria and an application, contact the DDS Referral Coordinator, Tel. 1-800-205-5615.